Soul Searching

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Beetle Bum

I found me purty ear rings. I found me a reason to be happy. I exaggerrate. Ahahaha, click. No really, they made me ridiculously happy when I bought em and as always I was careless and dropped one somewhere and it turns out mum had one and I had the other. So I'm a happy little girl right now.


 
I had a cool dream. We were in an enchanted forest and Nadir was an evil beetle (or spider) with ruby red eyes in a spider web. He had this REALLY evil glint in his eyes. Daniyal was Manny going to search for Glottis' heart. I stopped him to have a chat with him first and I said wasn't it cool that Nadir bought gajras from the phool wala because he liked the guy's sales pitch and not because he said I have chote chote bahai behan? And Danial said "Yeah thats cool. But my braces are coming off at 29, no thanks to YOU" and he glared at me. But then he smiled kindly because I think I looked a bit like a hurt puppy and patted me rather condescendingly on the shoulder. Then Puck (the fairy from Midsummer Night's Dream) showed up and said "Glottis is dead but Shabbir Jan is available". Both Daniyal and I groaned in unison but Shabbir Jan came and led us both by the hand like naughty children out of the forest. And this was all the evil beetle's (aka Nadir's) doing. And Glottis dies too! Unfair. Long Live Glottis!



This is a dream Nadir had. I don't have his permission to publish this but I'll ask him tomorrow and if he has copyright issues...too bad.  Haha, I will ask him tomorrow.

I'm quoting him here (just changing punctuation because no one's careful with that in a chat conversation):

"I was living at my old KDA house again.. as often happens in dreams, and it was night-and somehow time to go to school in the morning at the same time... But visually speaking it was a typical karachi summer night, with white clouds in the sky, and a breeze.

"I was indoors and my mum was in the kitchen and stuff, and dad walking about doing something. So I go outside.. and in that area there was this real silence, and it was dark too and I look up standing in the street .. and the sky is filled with flying saucers... obscured by slowly moving white clouds, that hang between them and me

"And theres this silence... no sound.. the UFOs dont even have lights. Theyre just like spinning and moving, kind of gliding accross the sky. And im stuggling to see them in the dark even though theyre pretty big.. through the clouds and all..and I get like... completely..I dont know the word like... amazed, excited, like WHAT THE HELL. Haha.. so I run up and tell my parents and theyre all like beta you do this first, gari saaf ki? haan ati hun I have to wash the dishes...And im like are you MAD i SWEAR they're there!

"And then I take them up to the roof and you cant see anything from there and my dad just walks back down.. so I go out on my own and wait for them to come. Then one of them turns on its side and just spins its way to float above the house accross the street, it looks like a gigantic spinning dartboard."

 :) 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home